I am Sunil Jagadish, Assistant Manager of BDotNETStudent. Further to Sabarish's post about MSDN @ Campus, I would like to present a report on the same.
MSDN @ Campus was a technical event held at National Institute of Technology (NITK) (formerly REC – Regional Engineering College), Surathkal and Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal, aimed at providing a launch-pad for students interested in .NET, Windows Embedded and Windows Mobile technologies. The event was organized by The Bangalore.NET Student (BDotNETStudent) user group in association with Microsoft India.
The technical sessions that were covered included - Next Generation Computing with .NET, Common Language Runtime Internals, Developing Applications in .NET, XML Webservices and Embedded Computing with WinCE and XP Embedded.
Number of attendees in NITK: 200+
Number of attendees in MIT: 190+
- The Head of the Dept. of Computer Science at NITK voluntarily came up with the idea of including .NET as an elective subject for students of any branch in their engineering course.
- The Heads of the Department of Computer Science and Information Science at MIT expressed their interest in Microsoft technologies and their close interaction with Microsoft as one of the Academic Partners.
- Various resources including books on C# and Visual Basic.NET, MSDN India Magazines and development tools like Visual Sudio 2005 Beta DVDs, VS 2005 Express Editions etc were presented to both the institutions.
- The students who attended the sessions came up with a lot of queries for the speakers and showed special interest in Webservices and Windows CE.
- All the attendees were given .NET Academic Resource Kits, VS 2005 Express Editions, Windows Mobile Development Kit and ASP.NET Webmatrix CDs.
- Adding taste to technology – Samosas and Tea/Coffee was also arranged